Home to some of the most well-respected venues and to country music, it’s no surprise that Dolly Parton’s likeness and legacy are incorporated into seemingly every aspect of the bright and playful Graduate Nashville.
Located in the heart of the most dynamic college towns across America, these hand-crafted boutique hotel properties are the perfect place to relive your glory days while making new memories that are sure to last a lifetime––and Graduate Nashville is the grande dame.
Just a short stroll from Vanderbilt University and steps from the city’s entertainment hotspots and restaurants in the heart of Midtown on West End Avenue, guests will be surrounded by Music City history and legends in this colorful 205-key room property.
Dolly Parton and the color pink somehow find their way into each nook and cranny from the décor to the dining concepts. The opulent, open-plan lobby boasts polished terrazzo floors, amphitheater style seating, and glossy walls lined with a hook-rug portrait created by Margaret Trimbell of Grand Ole Opry headliner Minnie Pearl and pop art-styled logos for Taco Bell and Checkers, paying tribute to the two restaurants the previously stood at the hotel site.
The guest rooms offer a touch of Southern comfort and hospitality, with pink-and-white pinstripe walls, wool carpets, lavish bed canopies, and gold accents. The hotel’s “9 to 5” presidential suite is the ideal accommodation for anyone who has currently set their email status to “Out of Office.” In homage to Dolly Parton, the suite is a true original, complete with shaggy pink carpeting, pink feathered lampshades, and disco ball-tiled ceilings. The ultimate fixture is the California King waterbed in the master bedroom lying within a pink satin bed frame.
Opened in collaboration with high hospitality team Marc Rose and Med Abrous of Call Mom, Graduate Nashville features three food and drink concepts. Poindexter is the signature lobby coffee shop and grab-and-go café, optimal for remote work or meet-ups. Tucked away off of the lobby is Cross-Eyed Critters Watering Hole: the first-ever animatronic karaoke bar, complete with a robotic back-up band. A nod to Southern dive bars, black velvet paintings of country stars and aged wooden floors create a space riddled with possibility for up-and-coming artists. Take the elevator up to White Limozeen, the extraordinary indoor-outdoor rooftop that leans into celebrating the finer things of life. Warm homestyle dishes and cocktails are contrasted by their high-brow, luxurious French preparations. Make a splash in the Governor’s Pool or spend some time in the sunshine on the funky floral loungers.
- Location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Rating: Four-Star
- The Vibe: Delightfully tacky and tongue-in-cheek décor somehow feels polished in this shrine to Dolly Parton’s legacy
- Amenities: Pet-friendly accommodations; Fitness center; Free WiFi; Housekeeping; Rooftop terrace; Outdoor swimming pool
- Food + Drink: Poindexter is the all-day café with coffee and grab-and-go food options. Cross-Eyed Critters is the first ever animatronic karaoke bar complete with a backup band of robotic musicians located directly off of the lobby, and has a separate entrance on West End Avenue. Take the elevator all the way up to White Limozeen, the over-the-top indoor-outdoor rooftop bar that celebrates the uniquely Nashville identity of following your dreams.
- Our Favorite Thing About the Hotel: The thoughtful design aspects of each and every space, from the opulent, open-plan lobby to the Dalí-inspired portraits of Dolly Parton in front of the elevators, to the playful antiquey furniture in the guest rooms.
- What’s Nearby: Vanderbilt University; Centennial Park Nashville; Vanderbilt Stadium; Parthenon; Tootsies Orchid Lounge; Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
- Any Personal Neighborhood Recs? Whether you’ve visited the city or not, you’ve probably heard of Nashville hot chicken. Treat yourself to Hattie B’s, just a short walk away, and brimming with Southern comforts: freshly fried chicken that’s a little sweet and a little spicy, cole slaw, and, of course, sweet tea. To beat the line, be there right when they open.
- Rooms: Graduate Hotels provide thoughtfully curated, boutique hotel accommodations in college towns across the country, and Graduate Hotel Nashville is the grande dame. Dressed in bright florals and nods to Tennessee history, these guest rooms are distinctly Nashville.
- Closest Airport: Nashville International Airport
- Starting Rate: $264/night