A blooming rose hidden in the desert sand, The Plaza Hotel Pioneer Park is the perfect union of old school glam and timeless authentic design.
Nestled in the heart of downtown El Paso, the reputation of the luxurious hotel has grown fast among travelers and locals, hailing The Plaza as the best place to stay in Texas. And once you step foot inside the lobby, it’s hard not to see why.
Visitors are immediately welcomed by a stunning display of architecture in the style of Pueblo Revival Art Deco and warm hues inspired by the encompassing West Texas scenery, while along the walls a diverse art collection – known to even contend with top galleries in the world – is showcased. The epitome of class, The Plaza Hotel drips in lavishness, spoiling guests with rich materials such as channel-tufted headboards, Matouk linens, and Caffe Bruno marble in every corner.
When hunger strikes, deciding on one of the hotel’s many stellar dining options will prove to be a tough choice. Dubbed the flagship restaurant of The Plaza Hotel, Ámbar packs a menu that mixes traditional south of the border cuisine with local flavors found in twin cities, El Paso and Ciudad Juarez. And if that’s not what you’re craving, then head to Anson Eleven Bistro where classic American meals await. After a long day, it’s a must to end the evening at La Perla, a rooftop bar which offers guests breathtaking views paired with refreshing cocktails under the stars.
During their stay, guests may choose between 130 rooms ranging in affordable to luxury suites. Each space continues the chic Art Deco aesthetics found throughout the premises while utilizing a color story of burgundy, cream, and champagne to emphasize tranquility. Regardless of your booking, five-star amenities are provided as well as clear sights of downtown and the nearby Franklin Mountain range.
Whether you’re passing through or planning a lengthy stay, come see why everyone is talking about The Plaza Hotel.
- Location: El Paso, Texas
- The Vibe: The timeless Art Deco aesthetic offers a nostalgic experience for visitors and soothing reprieve from the desert heat.
- Food + Drink: The flagship restaurant of The Plaza Hotel, Ámbar is a celebration of traditional south of the border cuisine and the local flavors found in twin cities, El Paso and Ciudad Juarez. Framed against a backlit amber backdrop, the bar features a mix of Mexican spirits along with an extensive wine list.
- Amenities: Pet-friendly accommodations; Free WiFi; Fitness center; Terrace; Daily housekeeping; Valet parking
- Our Favorite Thing About the Hotel: The rooftop bar, La Perla, is the perfect way to end the evening as one enjoys a tasty cocktail and watches the desert sun fall beyond the horizon.
- 5 Nearby Attractions: El Paso Museum of Art, Benito Juarez Olympic Stadium, Ciudad Juarez Cathedral, Sun Bowl Stadium, Chamizal Park, Sunland Park Racetrack & Casino
- Any Personal Neighborhood Recs? Located in one of the most hip downtown districts, The Plaza Hotel is within walking distance of local haunts and attractions such as the 1922 Bar and El Paso Museum of Modern Art.
- Rooms: A total of 130 guest rooms decorated in chic contemporary design provide visitors with sweeping views of the city and the nearby Franklin Mountain range.
- Pricing: Rooms start at $195/night.
- Closest Airport: El Paso International Airport