Most Copenhagen hotels tap into the country’s celebrated Danish design, known all over the world for being simultaneously sleek and functional. But guests at Manon Les Suites are in for something a little different—and a touch more eccentric. At the center of the adults-only resort lies a Bali-inspired wonderland, the Instagram-worthy “Junglefish” pool, where you can sip a tropical smoothie or cocktail on a daybed surrounded by dangling plants, potted palm trees, and playful fish lights hanging from a five-story atrium.
If the scene gets too crowded, simply head to the rooftop terrace for a more traditionally Scandinavian (and quiet) experience. There you can take a steam bath with essential oils, relax in the sauna, and soak up the view over the Copenhagen Lakes. On a chilly Nordic day, it’s the perfect escape from the outside world.
As part of Guldsmeden, a Green Globe-certified hotel brand, Manon Les Suites emphasizes sustainability at every turn. Toiletries are by I Love Eco, Guldsmeden’s house line of eco-friendly products, and the restaurant is certified with the Golden Ø label for using 90-100% organic produce. For a small fee, guests can rent a bike from the front desk and take a spin around Copenhagen, one of the world’s most bicycle-friendly cities.
- Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Rating: Five-Star
- The Vibe: Balinese dreamscape
- Food + Drink: The hotel restaurant, Chapung, serves an organic buffet breakfast stocked with treats like homemade yogurt, fresh fruit, and Danish salamis. Come back at dinner for sustainable Asian fusion dishes, including seaweed caviar, vegan green curry, and hibiscus ice cream with coconut crumble. Selections from the menu are available for room service.
- Amenities: Indoor pool, pool bar, rooftop lounge and sauna, fitness center, bikes for rent, and free wifi
- 5 Nearby Attractions: Rosenborg Castle, Tivoli Gardens, National Museum of Denmark, The Lakes, and Nyhavn
- Any Personal Neighborhood Recs? Get your retail therapy in on Strøget, one of the longest pedestrian shopping streets in Europe. You’ll find a mix of fast fashion and high-end international brands, as well as uniquely Danish shops, such as Georg Jensen, Illums Bolighus, Samsøe Samsøe, and Royal Copenhagen. Grab dinner nearby at Barabba, a trend-setting Italian restaurant with a killer wine list favored by off-duty local chefs.
- Rooms: 87 apartment-style suites. Rooms are generously sized (classic suites clock in at 430 sq feet) and decorated with a mix of minimalist Danish decor and subtle Balinese touches like four poster beds and colorful textiles. A separate seating area, extra bathroom, basic kitchenette, and multiple couches make Manon Les Suites an excellent choice for groups or couples who like their space.
- Pricing: Rooms start at $288/night
- Closest Airport: Copenhagen Airport, Kastrup
Other articles you may like: