Located on the outskirts of Santorini village Imerovigli, Andronis Concept Wellness Resort is a luxe, semi-brutalist slice of paradise perched atop a cliff facing a bay-like inlet of the azure Aegean Sea. In the distance, the island’s white-clad cave homes cascade down a caldera. No agendas exist here; it’s a pause in time, a respite from the rest of the world.
Those who helm the hotel conceptualized it to be a luxury health retreat. The Kallos Spa is a beacon of that vision. Dubbed as Santorini’s biggest spa, the wellness enclave dedicates its efforts to providing unfettered wellbeing and indulgent self-discovery with its crop of ancient approaches to holistic therapy. Sign up for the hotel’s “Bliss Experience,” a specialized therapeutic relaxation program offering reconnection therapy within the naturally balanced environment of a cave, two expansive spa pools, yoga sessions, and detox meals. But, because personalization is the key to a sybarite’s heart, opt to book the “Cell Wellbeing”: a unique screening program supervised by Dr. Zulia Frost that imbues a non-invasive bio-energy approach. With just one piece of hair and in under 20 minutes, guests will receive a complete wellness profile to use as the basis to build a wellbeing program for their stay with exact lifestyle and nutritional tips based on their stress levels and custom needs.
Accommodation-wise, the hotel features 27 luxurious suites, each one with its very own private plunge pool. Most suites face the sea. Minimalist interiors sport bursts of bright, contemporary stylings, an homage to traditional Santorinian architecture.
From breakfast to dinner, the hotel’s Throubi Restaurant serves Santorinian gastronomy, with dishes that are not only a nod to Greek provenance but also exceedingly nutritious, something naturally on-brand for the hotel. The wine list is expansive (you’re on vacation and 100% deserve a glass).
When it comes to amenities, the hotel falls far from short: a helipad, fitness center, three swimming pools, a tennis court, and vineyard are available to guests.
Those who want to venture to Santorini’s most famous town, Oia, can do so from the hotel. If not by twenty-minute car ride, they can walk a four-mile path from the hotel’s backyard, along the sea, to the town (to note, it’s quite extensive and hilly; but, if you’re at least semi in-shape, you should be able to do it).
- Location: Imerovigli, Santorini, Greece
- Rating: Five-Star
- The Vibe: A minimalist retreat that maximizes its surrounding Santorini beauty.
- Amenities: Helipad, fitness center, spa, three swimming pools, restaurant, and a tennis court, among many other luxe splendors.
- Food + Drink: Throubi Restaurant, which looks out at the Aegean Sea — sunset dinner here is stunning — is the hotel’s main fine-dining outpost. Excpect an expansive wine menu and nutritious Greek dishes made with honest ingredients (but did you expect anything else? After all, it’s a wellness resort?).
- Our favorite thing about the hotel: Each of the hotel’s 27 suites have their own private plunge pool. That’s pure luxury and paradise. Full-stop. Also, in terms of design, the minimalist, taupe-heavy exterior calms you right away.
- Any personal neighborhood recs? Yes, while it’s a challenging hike due to its four-mile distance and punctuated uphill climbs, the path from the hotel to the town of Oia is one of the most beautiful sights we’ve ever seen. You’ll be accompanied by the piercingly-blue Aegean Sea the whole time, all the while passing through small clusters of the white-washed cave houses for which the island is famously known.
- Rooms: There are 27 in total, and as you know from reading this, each one has its own private plunge pool. Those looking for a super-luxe splurge should elect to book the four-bedroom villa, which can host up to eight — the two private pools that come with this villa are above and beyond perfect.
- Closest Airport: Santorini Airport