Replete with historical churches and palaces, Moorish architecture, and traditional flamenco dancing shows, it’s no wonder why Sevilla is the capital of Spain’s Andalusian province. Walking around the cobblestone streets and narrow village corridors, you can feel this city’s long-lasting vibrancy at every turn. To experience this Spanish cultural hub to its fullest, staying within the heart of Sevilla is recommended — and we’ve found a hotel with the perfect location and representation of this Spanish capital’s heritage.
The Querencia de Sevilla, Autograph Collection sits in the former headquarters of Banco Andalucía, just steps away from Seville’s entrancing Sevilla Cathedral on the city’s most famous square. Elegantly remodeled, the hotel’s interiors reflect traditional Sevillian style with upscale, modern twists. Neutral-toned wood floors are complemented by gray floral-patterned wallpaper, along with violet-purple and emerald-green accented furnishings, which, collectively, add a tasteful pop of color throughout the guestrooms. Luxe suites feature plush king-sized beds, tranquil overhead rain showers, and private balconies overlooking the city’s storied monuments.
When it’s time for some rest, guests can head to the hotel’s penthouse terrace on the seventh floor to enjoy the refreshing checker-patterned tile infinity pool, all the while taking in views of the Sevilla Cathedral. As one of the highest terraces in the old town, guests will want to return to this rooftop later in the evening for a cocktail hour before dining at the on-site Mediterranean-style restaurant, La Maestría. Reflecting the surrounding culture, dishes on the menu feature classic Andalusian flavors from both land and the sea, all infused with modern twists (think: gazpacho, cured ham, fresh fish, and sherry wines). Notice the restaurant and bar’s open layout, bright floral decor, Picasso-esque bull paintings, and flamenco music playing in the background.
Everything within the Querencia de Sevilla is a subtle yet intentional capsule into the city’s rich culture: a traditional bullfighter’s uniform sits in an enclosed glass case in the hotel’s restaurant; as a nod to Andalusia’s famed citrus production, orange blossom-infused aromas suffuse bathroom toiletries; then handmade Albero-yellow ceramics dress outdoor tables and the rooftop infinity pool.
With its prime location on Calle Fernández y González, the hotel makes it incredibly easy to explore the city’s plethora of authentic tapas bars, boutique shops, and abundance of notable buildings, including the Royal Alcázar of Seville, Seville Cathedral, and Plaza de España. Learning about the ins and outs of this Andalusian capital can be done on your own — that said, if looking for more direction, the hotel’s on-tap programming offers guests the chance to tour historic squares and local palaces.
When asked what the meaning behind the hotel’s name is, the staff will kindly tell you that “querencia” is a sense of belonging to or longing for a place or a culture. And after a stay at the Querencia de Sevilla, Autograph Collection, that feeling to return is evident from the moment you leave.
- Location: Sevilla, Spain
- Rating: Four-star
- The Vibe: The Querencia de Sevilla is a carefully curated independent stay with elegant Spanish-style interiors.
- Food + Drink: La Maestría serves Mediterranean-inspired dishes including classic Andalusian flavors from the land and the sea infused with modern twists (think: gazpacho, cured ham, fresh fish, and sherry wines).
- Property Amenities: 1 outdoor swimming pool; Fitness center; Room service; Free WiFi; Bar; Breakfast
- Our Favorite Thing About the Hotel: The penthouse terrace on the seventh floor boasts spectacular panoramic views of Seville — and the Seville Cathedral is beautifully lit during the night.
- What’s Nearby?: Alcazar Palace; Seville Fine Arts Museum; Casa de Pilatos; Triana Bridge – Isabel II Bridge; San Jorge Castle; Plaza de España. All the better, opt to tour these places with Mariott Bonvoy Tours & Activities.
- Any Neighborhood Recs?: Just a short walk from the hotel, head to Perro Viejo Tapas Bar, located right in the heart of Seville. (We recommend ordering the Fried Potatoes with Roasted Brava Sauce, Tuna Ceviche with Mandarine Leche de Tigre, and Iberian Ham Croquettes — paired with an Aperol spritz, it’s a dangerously good combination.)
- Rooms: 95
- Starting nightly rate: $219
- Closest airport: Seville Airport
Other articles you may like: