Rosewood Vienna just opened its doors today with 99 spacious guest rooms and 27 suites displaying classic design. Its location on Petersplatz — one of the most famous squares in Old Town Vienna — makes it an arm’s length from the city’s important cultural sites, authentic restaurants, and upscale shops.
The grand hotel merges past and present in this remodeled historic 19th-century building. Constructed by A2K Architects, BEHF Architects, and styled by interior designer Alexander Waterworth, the hotel exudes old-age glamor: the edifice’s European Belle Époque exteriors and contemporary interiors balance one another out. Each room is distinguished with sophisticated artwork, adding a splash of vibrancy to simple yet modern furnishings. Brass bathroom fixtures, marble tiles, and hardwood floors adorn rooms. Sizeable windows let in an optimal amount of sunlight. Neutral palettes and bold colors bode together in a way that creates a feeling of relaxation.
A clutch of different room types embed the hotel, from the Premier Room, which offers a plush king bed or option for two twin bedrooms, to the Mansard Room, with its unique vaulted ceilings. Sybarites will love Rosewood Vienna’s crown jewel — the 1,800 square-foot Presidential Suite — which boasts luxurious details, magnificent city views, a deluxe master bedroom, living room, kitchen, entertainment area, and vast dining room.
Regarding dining and drinking, guests can choose to indulge at the hotel’s exciting Neue Hoheit Brasserie, which serves authentic Austrian and European cuisine, or at the dazzling Salon Aurelie lobby lounge. Neue Hoheit Bar — the rooftop lounge on the seventh floor — evokes an old-fashioned speakeasy feel, with swanky interiors, finely-crafted cocktails, and an outdoor terrace sporting breathtaking views of Vienna. (We can’t think of a better spot for a nightcap).
Rosewood Vienna’s Asay Spa invites guests to prioritize their well-being through extensive treatments and therapies. Soothing tones, stone-carved elements, and sleek architectural design allow guests to maximize their relaxation potential. As wellness takes many forms, there is a state-of-the-art fitness center equipping an array of personal trainers, plus a hair salon so you can stroll the town with glamorous locks.
Needless to say, Rosewood Hotels’ newest addition in Vienna feels boutique to its core and exemplifies the brand’s overall philosophy: to reflect the individual location’s history, culture, and sensibilities.
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Stars: Five-Star
- The Vibe: A remodeled historic 19th century building emulating old-age glamor in one of the most famous squares in Old Town Vienna.
- Food + Drink: Choose to indulge at the hotel’s exciting Neue Hoheit Brasserie serving authentic Austrian and European cuisine or at the dazzling Salon Aurelie lobby lounge. From the lively dining room’s show kitchen to the private alfresco Garden Room, the restaurant’s fine-dining atmosphere and Austrian-inspired cuisine are a knockout. Neue Hoheit Bar — the rooftop lounge on the seventh floor — evokes an old-fashioned speakeasy with swank interiors, finely crafted cocktails, and an outdoor terrace for breathtaking views of Vienna.
- Amenities: Spa; Free WiFi; Pet friendly; Fitness center; Outdoor terrace; Sun deck.
- Our Favorite Thing About the Hotel: The hotel’s location on Petersplatz is perfect for immersing oneself into modern-day Viennese culture. Also, we loved this fun fact: the hotel features the apartment that Mozart lived in and wrote The Abduction from the Seraglio!
- What’s Nearby: Imperial Treasury Vienna; Austrian National Library; Albertina Museum; Vienna Volksgarten; House of Music; Vienna State Opera
- Any Personal Neighborhood Recs? Vienna’s cafe culture rivals Paris. Make sure to take advantage of it. Just 15 minutes by foot, Meissl & Schadn serves traditional Austrian food — the Schnitzel and Strudel are musts.
- Rooms: 99 guest rooms and 27 suites.
- Starting Nightly Rate: $770 per one-night stay.
- Closest Airport: Vienna International Airport