Tucked away in the scenic valleys of Western Montana lies The Ranch at Rock Creek, proudly hailed as the world’s first five-star guest ranch.
Once a true-to-life functioning homestead in the early 1900s, The Ranch now serves as a vacation hotspot for those seeking an authentic country adventure across 6,600 acres of breathtaking wilderness.
When at The Ranch, guests are offered the choice to rest in one of four living arrangements: The charming Granite Lodge suites, Luxury Homes, a converted Historic Barn, and for the more daring folks, Canvas Cabins perfect for glamping. Each space is distinct, guaranteeing a one-of-a-kind stay regardless of how many times you visit. Starting with the Granite Lodge, the suites intertwine frontier themes with modern decor, while the Luxury Homes are romantic cabins showcasing the magic of life on the range. One of the few still-standing original barn houses, the Historic Barn was restored with the utmost care into a rustic haven ideal for large groups. And for visitors who love to rough it in the woods, the Canvas Cabins provide a taste of the trickling creeks, serene meadows, and cascading mountains surrounding the property.
It’s hard to resist the call of the wild during your time at The Ranch as the site is host to various immersive activities. Ranging from horseback riding, fly fishing, and a challenging rope course, seasonal options are mixed in as well, like local wildlife tours, survival courses, and even a trip to the local sapphire mine. Truly, this is like no vacation you’ve experienced before.
And for an additional fee, visitors can partake in specialty off-ranch excursions. Some of the most popular attractions are the float trips down the Montana waterways, heart-racing ATV tours navigating through the Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest and preserved ghost towns, and hikes to the picturesque Fuse Lake.
Every adventurer needs a good dose of wellness and relaxation, and that’s where the Spa and Fitness Center steps in. Catering to guests’ health goals and needs, the Spa welcomes visitors to indulge in daily yoga routines, soothing dips in the cedar sauna, or rejuvenating skin care treatments. When in the mood for exercise, the 24-hour Fitness Center features versatile weight training machines designed to target each muscle group.
Several breakfast, lunch, and dinner options are available onsite. For hearty meals in a cozy atmosphere, the Buckle Barn cooks up delicious stick-to-your-sides dishes, while the rustic Blue Canteen is the perfect spot to throw back a crisp cocktail at the end of a long day. Best yet, menus and dining experiences rotate by season. In the summer months, visitors can enjoy a fireside cowboy breakfast after a morning horseback session, and in the fall and winter, sunset dinners are served overlooking the mountainside.
With so much to do and see, book your trip to The Ranch at Rock Creek today!
- Location: Philipsburg, Montana, USA
- The Vibe: A renovated homestead from the early 1900s, The Ranch serves as an authentic country adventure across 6,600 acres of pristine Montana wilderness.
- Amenities: Seasonal outdoor pool; Daily housekeeping; Spa; Sauna; Fitness center; Pet-friendly accommodations
- Food + Drink: Several breakfast, lunch, and dinner options are available onsite. For hearty meals in a cozy atmosphere, the Buckle Barn cooks up delicious stick-to-your-sides dishes, and for refreshing cocktails, the rustic Blue Canteen is the perfect spot to throw back a cool one at the end of a long day.
- Our favorite thing about the hotel: With a focus on catering to the needs of their guest, no two stays at The Ranch are alike as customization is encouraged from lodging to activities, food, and more.
- Any neighborhood recs? Surrounded by untouched forest, visitors can partake in specialty off-ranch excursions, including float trips down the Montana waterways, heart-racing ATV tours, and hikes to the picturesque Fuse Lake.
- Rooms: The Ranch is able to host up to 125 visitors in four styles of living arrangements: Granite Lodge suites, a converted Historic Barn, Luxury Homes, or Canvas Cabins ideal for glamping.
- Closest Airport: Missoula International Airport