There is no doubt a touch of magic exists in the white sands of the French Riviera. And the enchanting Hôtel Belle Plage is certainly proof.
Located in the Le Suquet neighborhood of Cannes, Hôtel Belle Plage offers visitors a quiet refuge from the hustle of the event-fueled city.
Originally constructed in the 1930s, Hôtel Belle Plage’s recent renovations present a rebirth of an icon, celebrating both the hotel’s historic past while looking towards its bright future. Featuring interiors designed by award-winning architect Raphael Navot, the artist reimagined the hotel’s 50 rooms and private residences in a style reminiscent of the timeless Côte d’Azur aesthetic, utilizing deep blues and natural tones that reflect the rich palette of the Mediterranean shore. Housed in each room are custom-built pieces such as canework chairs and lighting fixtures, all minimalist in form to establish a sense of calm when one enters the space.
Once you’re ready to explore, a stop at the hotel’s rooftop restaurant, Bella, should be first on the list. With dishes curated by the prestigious Israeli chef, Eyal Shani, the menu indulges in local savory flavors, mixing catches of the day with seasonal vegetables guaranteed to ignite the taste buds. Whether you’re enjoying a meal by day or nursing a cocktail under the stars, regardless of the hour, guests are treated to the rooftop’s breathtaking views of the surrounding oceanside. A view so powerful some claim it’s worth the trip alone.
Also found at the Hôtel Belle Plage is the Villa Spa, one of the largest spas in Cannes dedicated to immersive sensory treatments. Throughout the facility are multiple wellness rooms offering relaxing environments ranging from lush gardens where visitors bathe in pleasant aromas or a villa solely dedicated to the art of meditation.
And let’s not forget the minutes away beaches where one can cool off in the refreshing sea breeze, splash around blue waters, or soak in the French soleil.
Forget Paris. We’ll always have Cannes.
- Location: Cannes, France
- The Vibe: A peaceful, chic retreat for those seeking relaxation by the soothing Mediterranean waters.
- Food + Drink: The hotel’s rooftop restaurant, Bella, features dishes celebrating local flavors. Whether you’re dining on a catch of the day or a traditional plate, you are guaranteed to enjoy an authentic, Mediterranean meal. Afterward, grab a cocktail and take in the views of the Cannes bay.
- Amenities: Beachfront; sun deck; garden; pet-friendly accommodations; free WiFi; terrace
- Our Favorite Thing About the Hotel: The Villa Spa is a one-of-a-kind wellness center, mixing immersive sensory treatments with the healing powers of the sea to help revitalize and calm guests.
- 5 Nearby Attractions: Mer Méditerranée, Castre Museum, Notre Dame d’Esperance Church, Cannes Town Hall, Forville Market, Le Suquet quartier historique
- Any Personal Neighborhood Recs? Home to the Cannes Film Festival, The Boulevard de la Croisette features shops and restaurants along the shore. One can spend an entire day exploring, so clear your schedule and bring a bag. Trust us, you’re sure to find something you love.
- Rooms: The hotel features 50 rooms designed by award-winning architect Raphael Navot in the timeless style of Côte d’Azur. Regardless of whatever room you book, each suite offers an exceptional view of the French Riviera.
- Pricing: Rooms start at $297/night.
- Closest Airport: Nice Côte d’Azur Airport