Set within Georgian townhouses that date back to the 17h century, the Mayfair Townhouse provides just the British charm and sophistication that you’d expect from a stay across the pond. The property itself is located in Mayfair, which is undoubtedly the poshest direct in London, and is just a brisk walk away from attractions such as Piccadilly Circus, Buckingham Palace, and Westminster Abbey. Nearby streets are packed with high-end shops, Instagram-worthy dining venues, and many delicious hotspots for cocktails.
Created by Iconic Luxury Hotels, which is the group behind Cliveden, Chewton Glen, The Lygon Arms, and 11 Cadogan Gardens, the hotel opened in 2020. Although it’s housed in a building that dates back to the 1730s, Its design reflects the artists, writers, and other creatives of the 19th century. It’s the length of 15 converted Georgian homes on Mayfair’s Half Moon Street that sits right behind Shepherds Market.
Across the hotel, you’ll find brightly colored graphic art, sultry detailing, and the hotel mascot, a fox, that leaps across a mural or is perched atop the door of some guest rooms. Rooms are small but exude the charm you’d feel at a local B&B with a city twist. Its contemporary aesthetic is mixed with striking features such as large free-standing tubs, metallic pendant lighting, brightly-hued couches, and marble everywhere. Some rooms have a view of Mayfair’s iconic Victorian rooftops, while others offer those of the Green Park down the road.
Within the hotel lobby is The Dandy Bar, it’s an eye-catching saloon with a curated list of posh cocktails and a classic all-day menu that’s open to all. There’s also the downstairs Club Room, where breakfast is served for guests and locals looking for a delicious bite, along with the Den, a small nook just off the dining room that’s ideal for private meetings or cozy late-night cocktails.
The most coveted rooms in the hotel are the suites. Some of the ground-level suites offer their own miniature gardens whereas the penthouse suites make a statement with his-and-her sinks, a separate living room, sapphire-blue headboards, and enormous living spaces.
- Location: Mayfair, London, United Kingdom
- Rating: Five-Star
- The Vibe: Contemporary meets sultry in a slew of Georgian style houses that date back to the 17th century.
- Amenities: All day restaurant; a posh bar, room service, a gym, and a concierge.
- Food + Drink: Located on the ground floor, The Dandy Bar is an expertly lit saloon with a carefully selected list of posh cocktails and a classic all day menu. The property also has the downstairs Club Room, which hosts bright red and green walls, and serves breakfast to those staying and visiting the hotel.
- Any neighborhood recs?: Shopping at Selfridges, taking a stroll along the iconic Piccadilly circus, perusing about Mayfair, or heading a bit further to see Buckingham Palace.
- Rooms: 172 rooms and suites, varying in size from a cabin room to the Loft Suite.
- Pricing: Rates start at around 300 pounds per night.
- Closest airport: London city airport is the closest, but it has limited flights. Head to London Heathrow (LHR) for international flights.
Other articles you may like: